Fried Shrimp without Frying
Diet recipes contest 2008 Prizewinner
|Cooking time||about 20min|
|Calories per serving（Kcal）||Conventional recipe 228 ⇒ Diet Recipe 175|
ingredients（4 to 5 servings）
|may onnaise||1 tbsp|
|dry bread crumbs||some|
- Shell the shrimp, and cut the tail off. Make 3 or 4 shallow cuts in the inner curve of the shrimp body and press down to straighten the shrimp.
- Add salt and pepper to（1）. Put mayonnaise and dredge with bread crumbs.
- Bake（2）in toaster oven for 5 to 6 min, or in oven（200 C）for 7 to 8 min, until brown.
- Serve（3）on a plate on a bed of shredded cabbage, tomatoes, parsley and lemon wedges.
- Normally, this is a deep-fried dish, absorbing as much oil as 20 to 25 % of the total ingredient mass, but you can reduce the oil amount by substituting the process with a small amount of mayonnaise.