Karaage Fried Chicken without Frying
Diet recipes contest 2008 Prizewinner
|Cooking time||about 10min|
|Calories per serving（Kcal）||Conventional recipe 311 ⇒ Diet Recipe 219|
|chicken thighs||200 g|
|（A）soba dipping sauce||2 tbsp|
- Cut chicken thigh into bite-size portions. Mix with（A）.
- Cover（1）with plastic wrap, and microwave（500 W）for 3 to 4 min., until fully cooked.
- Dredge（2）with starch, and grill both sides until crisp and brown.
- Garnish（3）with parsley and lemon wedges before serving.
- Normally, karaage chicken is deep-fried, absorbing as much oil as 5 to 10 % of the total ingredient mass, but you can avoid using oil by grilling instead.
- By grilling after microwaving, the surface becomes crisp.