Fluffy sesame seed dumplings
Diet recipes contest 2009 Merit award
|Cooking time||about 30min|
|Calories per serving（Kcal）||Conventional recipe 249 ⇒ Diet Recipe 226|
|rice flour||50 g|
|chinese yam||50 g|
|milk||10 to 15 cc|
|ground chicken||50 g|
|sesame oil||3 tbsp|
|soy sauce（light-colored type）||1 tsp|
- PeeltheChinese yam, steam it in a steamer and grind it thoroughly in a mortar.
- Add the milk（or soybean milk） to the rice flour and mix it to create dough.
- Gently boil the ground chicken ,drain, add some salt to make the main ingredients.
- Divide the dough into four equally large pieces, stretch each into a round shape and roll in（3） in the middle.
- Boil water and boil（4）. Use a bamboo skewer to prick the dumplings. Take it out onto a strainer when no dough sticks to the skewer.
- Wet your hands with water and sprinkle sesame seeds over（5）.
- Pour sesame oil into hot skillet, add（6） and roll them around in the skillet until they acquire a golden brown color. Put the dumplings on a plate.
- In a saucepan, add shirodashi, mirin cooking sake and light-colored soy sauce and expose to heat. Then add water-soluble starch to thicken the mixture into ginan.
- Pour some of（8） on top of（7） and garnish with the washed radish sprouts.
- Instead of deep-frying the dumplings, you can boil them to reduce use of oil.
- To enhance the flavor, use sesame oil.